“Smudge, I’ve just been talking to Steph about the new co-housing development in Cambridge.”
“Oh yes, Marmalade Lane, does it taste delicious?”
“No Smudge, it’s not made out of marmalade, it’s a place where lots of people live together and have communal spaces to socialise!”
“I lived like that once, over in Battersea if I recall.”
“Don’t be stupid Smudge, it’s not like the Battersea Dogs Home!”
“In all honesty I quite enjoyed myself there, I had loads of friends to play with.”
“Well that bit is similar, I hear at Marmalade Lane everyone has so much fun and socialises together in the huge garden and the common rooms.”
“Maybe we can get Maxine & Mattie to build loads of kennels and we can invite all our friends to come and live with us, let’s go and ask them!”
WE INTRODUCE OUR FIRST
CO-HOUSING RENTAL HOUSE
3 bedroom Terraced to let £1,695 PCM
- 3 bedrooms
- Terrace house
- Modern build
- Allocated parking available
- Fibre broadband
- Long term rental
About this property
The chance to live in a brand new, three bedroom, ENERGY EFFICIENT HOME. This really is a very rare opportunity, not just to rent a property, but a place to know and be FRIENDS WITH YOUR NEIGHBOURS. To see if this house is right for you, please read more about this development: http://www.marmaladelane.co.uk/#cohousing
~ A Unique Design with A Special Ethos ~
A Little About Marmalade Lane Orchard Park, Cambridge, CB4 2WL
Home doesn’t start at your front door. Home is the street where your children play, where you meet and catch up with neighbours and the spaces you share.
Home is being part of a community.
Located in the Orchard Park area of Cambridge, Marmalade Lane is a cohousing community that promotes neighbourly living and helps conserve the environment.
Each energy-efficient, beautifully-made home benefits from shared facilities that bring people together to participate in community life with sustainable values.
Relax in your own garden, while your children play safely in the large communal garden. Eat with your family at home, or get together to cook dinner with neighbours in the Common House. There are even additional spare bedrooms you can reserve when you have guests staying the night. Cohousing gives you the freedom to live a more sociable way of life.
Marmalade Lane is an award-winning development of 42 custom-designed houses and apartments, located within cycling distance of the centre of one of the most famous cities in the world. Designed through a unique process that involved future residents from the outset, all homes use Trivselhus Climate Shield® technology and the highest standards of construction to create a community that’s built for life.
• Communal waste and recycling stores
• Secure, covered cycle parking
• Car parking (one space per household)
• Large shared garden, landscaped and planted in accordance with landscape design
• Residents’ kitchen
• Residents’ lounge
• Play room
• Bookable guest bedrooms
• Community meeting rooms
• Shared external storage
• Ground floor lobby with secure-camera entry system (Type D)
• Lift (Type D)
- Marmalade Lane sits within Orchard Park, situated to the north of Cambridge city centre.
- Direct access to Cambridge Guided Bus Way is on your doorstep, less than 100 metres away.
- Cambridge Science Park is less than 3 miles away.
- In less than half an hour you can cycle into a truly international city that is home to some of the UK’s most important cultural, scientific and academic institutions, world-famous architecture and a host of theatres, restaurants, pubs and cafes.
- With festivals and events throughout the year, there are lots of things to do locally.
- Getting around and away is easy. Take advantage of the extensive network of cycle and footpaths, bus routes, trains and quick access to major roads to discover the medieval villages and open rural landscapes of East Anglia.
- With direct train links to London, Birmingham, Stansted Airport and beyond, the world is right on your doorstep.