Honourable and personal residential letting experts

Registered Company Details

We are Maxine Lester Property Management Ltd (Registration Number: 05473950) trading as Maxine Lester Residential Lettings and Maxine Lester Lettings and Property Management. Our registered Office is: The Old Post Office, High Street, Boxworth, Cambridgeshire, CB23 4LY. Our trading address can be found in our contact details.

Our VAT number is: GB871428415

Data Protection

In order to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 to prevent any unauthorised access to or use of personal data we have the responsibility to keep information of any landlord, tenant or occupier confidential and will only use it if: fees are not paid and we wish to refer the matter to a debt collector or solicitor; or if we are specifically required to do so by law; or to pass on to a government agency by law; when instructing solicitors; to change account details for utility suppliers and the council tax into or out of your name; or when a contractor’s invoice has not been settled by you.

Interest on client monies and commission

Any interest accrued on monies that we hold on your behalf will be retained by ourselves to cover bank and administration charges etc. Any commission earned by us while acting on your behalf will be retained to cover costs

Money Laundering

In order to comply with the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 we require one proof of identity and one proof of residence, which can be selected from the list below. You should either send us the original documents for copying and returning to you; or provide us with copies certified by a solicitor as genuine. We apologise but we will not be able to accept printouts of online bank statements or utility bills as proof of ID.

List A: Full passport, national identity card, full driving licence, cheque (please mark this as “void”).  If you are a public limited company we will require a certified copy of the ‘Certificate of Incorporation’. If the company is not quoted we require certified copies of any two of the following documents: ‘Memorandum and Articles of Association’, ‘Certificate of Incorporation’, a set of your latest accounts, the most recent annual ‘Companies House’ return.  In addition we need proof of identity and residence of one of the directors of the company.

List B: Council tax bill, utility bill, mortgage statement, bank statement, credit or charge card statement.


Protecting clients’ money

As members of ARLA Propertymark we are duty bound to protect all money held on behalf of our clients. Whether your money is held in our ring-fenced client account or that of our management team, your money is fully protected. In the unfortunate event that any rent, deposit or other client funds are misappropriated, then Propertymark will consider an application to compensate you.

The Client Money Protection (CMP) Scheme will compensate an applicant (Landlord, Tenant or Management Company) up to £25,000.  However, landlords are limited to a maximum of three months rent. The total maximum payable in respect of a member company would be £500,000.  In any one year the scheme has a limit of £3million. The length of time that an application takes to be completed will depend on the information provided by the applicant and the circumstances of the application. Propertymark will endeavour to complete the process as quickly as possible.

To make an application for compensation please complete our CMPS Application Form (editable PDF) and email it to cmpapplications@nfopp-regulation.co.uk, alternatively you may send your correspondence by post to the following address: CMP Applications, NFoPP Regulation, Arbon House, 6 Tournament Court, Edgehill Drive, Warwick, CV34 6LG

What happens if things go wrong?

We strive to do things right and treat people properly, however we know we don’t always get it right.

Where you think we have not done well enough then please let me know as soon as possible so we can do something about it. Email me maxine.lester@maxinelester.co.uk or call me on 01480 494939.

Additionally we are members of a number of organisations which each have their own codes of practice to which we subscribe and follow. Some also have complaints and disputes procedures if required.

You can also download our complaints and feedback procedure.